Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The touchscreen on my HP Pavilion 23-h024 all-in-one desktop PC no longer works.  I'm using Windows 10 64-bit with the latest updates (Version 1803, OS Build 17134.81).  I spent the morning with Microsoft Support trying to track it down, and they think that the touchscreen driver no longer works with the latest Windows version.  We checked the HP drivers website, but couldn't find any touchscreen drivers.  Are there any available for me to download?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@daniel-hilburn,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the touchscreen on the computer is not working.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

For now, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://hp.care/2wTgdyS

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@daniel-hilburn,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the touchscreen on the computer is not working.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

For now, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://hp.care/2wTgdyS

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your help.  I followed the steps listed in the link you provided (https://hp.care/2wTgdyS).  It turned out that updating the graphics card drivers for my PC fixed the touch screen.  I installed the HP Support Assistant and used it to check for updated drivers, and it found the new graphics card driver (Windows Update didn't find it). Cheers! 😃

HP Recommended

@daniel-hilburn,

I am glad that the issue is fixed. As @The_Fossette is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

Please reach out for any issues with your Hp product and we are always there to assist you.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.