Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The webcam on my HP Touchsmart 610-1010uk does not work. Under Imaging devices in Device Manager there are two printers listed, nothing more.  Under Sound, Video and game controllers: AVerMedia and HP Webcam Splitter status says they are working properly - am I looking in the wrong place? Have I switched the camera off? if so, how do I switch on again please?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@J3nny Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the webcam on my HP Touchsmart 610-1010uk does not work.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a software or Windows update?

For now please try these steps:

• Please click on start>Right click on computer>select device manager> Expand Imaging devices and right click on the webcam and left click on uninstall.
  • Then restart the computer and check if the issue gets resolved.
  • If it does not please update the bios from this link: http://hp.care/2sULEUL and check if the issue gets resolved. Use HP support assistant to update all the drivers.
  • If it still does not fix the issue please follow all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2sULFYP for Webcam troubleshooting and it will fix it for you.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen196

Thank you for assisting me with the webcam problem.

I followed your first instruction but the only imaging devices showing are for my current printer and the old printer I had previously.

I went on to your second suggestion but all the bios updates pre-date the purchase of this computer, so I do not think they would fix my problem.

I am a novice at this, so any further suggestions you have would have to be explicit.

Thanks J3nny

HP Recommended

@J3nny

I understand your concerns.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

If the issue still persists, perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thanks again Praveen

I looked at the updates and they seem to be constant - the latest being 14th May 20, so I figure this PC does the updates automatically.

I looked at System Reset but this applies to Windows 10 and I only have Windows 7, which is no longer supported.

Regards:  J3nny

HP Recommended

@J3nny

Reinstalling the original webcam program that came with your computer in Windows 7

If your computer came with a built-in webcam, HP provides software that you can use with your webcam. If this software program was removed, you can reinstall it using HP Recovery Manager as follows:

note:

If the operating system on your computer was upgraded, these steps do not work. Instead, you need to download and install webcam software from HP or the Internet.

1. Click Start, type Recovery in the search field, and select Recovery Manager from the search results list.

2. Select Drivers and Applications Reinstall.

Recovery Manager, I need immediate help

3. Select the appropriate Software program (such as Cyberlink YouCam or MediaSmart), and select Install.

HP Recovery Manager with Cyberlink YouCam Software selected

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02452221

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen

Thanks again for your help. I found HP Touchsmart Webcam under the Software Program reinstallation - I had to uninstall the existing application before I could reinstall HP Touchsmart Webcam Desktop. 

The application appears under 'Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features' but it does not appear in Device Manager under Imaging Devices.

What should I do now please?

Regards:  J3nny

HP Recommended

@J3nny

Please update the Webcam application and check.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54001-54500/sp54281.exe

Also, please update the BIOS as well.

If the issue still persists, you have to perform the recovery.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.