Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23-o014 All-In-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A thin blue line just appeared on the left side of my screen, running from top to bottom. I tried many "fixes" on several sites, including here on the support community. Nothing works. Of course, my computer is dated and no parts seem available. Is this issue related to the failure of the graphics card? It is an intel HD Graphics 4600. Is it worth it to find a replacement part or just get a new computer. Would the replacement of the card solve the issue? The Envy is F3E94AA - thanks for any assistance. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@usaveteran

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

It could be an issue with the Graphics Card or the display itself. You can connect and external monitor to confirm. 

If the issue persists on the external screen then it's a graphics card issue

You can contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Since my computer is an all-in-one (HP Envy 23-o014) I cannot connect to another monitor to see if the blue line disappears. I have done my research and, like you mentioned, it most probably be related to the graphics card. My system is a few years old and no replacement parts are available. I believe that the graphics card is part of the motherboard and also not repairable. Looks like I'll just have to look for another system. Again, thanks for the assistance. 

HP Recommended

@usaveteran

Thanks for keeping me posted

Since it's an older Model you can check with the Local computer stores for repair

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.