Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Full-HD IPS Monitor (27") with B&O Play Speaker & Full-HD Webcam
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All! 

I have recently purchased a new desktop computer and monitor from HP, all is working great! I am just a little curious on something I have noticed with the monitor However. It is the  HP Pavilion Full-HD IPS Monitor (27") with B&O Play Speaker & Full-HD Webcam.

The monitor itself is working perfectly well, I am glad I have made this choice. However in the top right hand corner, right on the corner of the diplay glass. There seems to be a tiny white dot, and a white corner. As if there was a screen protector on the glass that you are supposed to remove when you first buy the product. I can confirm there is no such protector installed. I am just wondered what and why there is these white marks. At first I thought it would be dead pixels but it is actually on the border of the screen, not actually where the screen is displaying images. I have attached a photo of the area in question, and a photo of the screen in it's working state. If someone could please offer me some advice on what I can do about it, I would appreciate it. Many would probably think nothing of it and see it, but to me when I have noticed it is there, I see it all the time, and if if it is a hardware issue I would much rather get it sorted, sooner rather than later. 

Thanks Benjamin. 

20190503_154408.jpg

20190503_160036.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Masonbj17,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

To start off, I would like to confirm if you are able to see the dots in the BIOS screen, or not. To enter into the BIOS you will need to repeatedly press the F10 key as the computer is starting up. You do not need to change any settings in here, this is only to find out if you can see the white dots in the BIOS.

Another option to hopefully resolve the issue are the steps in the follow article HP and Compaq Flat Panel Displays - Display Quality Issues.

Please let me know the outcome of the troubleshooting steps.

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for your reply! Sadly the information  you have given me hasnt worked. I can still see all the marks in the photo even when the screen is off due to the computer actually being turned off also. As I say, the marks are not actually on the real estate of the screen it is on the black border that surrounds the entire screen on the top, bottom and all sides, ammending the resolution makes no difference to this, this said, I have checked and it is set the highest, "Recommended" Setting of 1080 set by Microsoft Windows. It looks like a white air bubble underneath, just like if you had just applied a screen protector to a phone screen for example. I look foward to hearing more from you. Thanks Benjamin.

HP Recommended

@Masonbj17,

In this scenario, I would personally this could be an issue with the possible hardware failure.

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance!

HP support team can be reached on this link.

Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I have spoken to the technical team on friday and I have sent the images to them for review, I am currently awaiting their response. Hopefully i should get a reply tomorrow? I didnt get anything today, but I assume this is because they are closed on UK Bank Holidays? Thanks Benjamin.

HP Recommended

@Masonbj17,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,
I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Thanks for your continued waiting and support. My mother has recently recieved her monitor and computer from you. It is the same monitor. It appears that she has the same marks on the screen. I can therefore only assume it is the way the monitor is designed and manufactured despite it looking odd. Therefore, as both monitors are the same and they are working, I feel there would be no need for the monitor to go back or a replacement issued. I have the extended warranty anyway, so I am assuming that if a fault was to develop, I can claim on the warranty for a defect. Would this be correct? Thanks Benjamin. 

HP Recommended

@Masonbj17,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.