Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-b217C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Touch scrren stopped working. I did all windows updates and HP updates, and it still not working. Then I reset the computer, but no help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@yyd9806,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

• When did the Touch Screen last work?
  • Were there any updates that were installed recently?

Let's try these steps:

Step 1: Perform a Hard Reset

• Turn off the PC
  • Unplug the Power cord from the All in One
  • Press and hold the Power Button for 10-15 seconds and release the button
  • Re-connect the Power cord
  • Turn on the PC
  • Check if the Touchscreen responds
  • If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Step 2: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics

• Use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tests to detect problems with the touch screen hardware.

• Connect the AC adapter to the computer.

• Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the Startup menu appears, press F2.

• When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics screen displays, click Component Tests.

• Click Touch Screen.

• There are two interactive touch screen hardware tests. Click Touch Pointer Test first.

• Read the on-screen instructions, and then click Run once.

• Touch each of the blocks on the screen to erase them. The test ends after you erase all the blocks or after three minutes have passed, and the results display.

• Click the Main menu to return to the main screen.

• Click Component Tests, and then click Touch Screen.

• Click Drag And Drop Test.

• If the diagnostics tests pass but the touch screen still does not respond during regular use, continue to the next step.

• If one or both tests fail, a 24-digit code, or failure ID, displays. Share the 24 digit code

If the issue persists, follow Step 2 and Step 3 from this document.

Let me know what happens. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for help. The touch screen has not worked since a few weeks ago. There were maybe updates installed, but I'm not sure which one. After I noted that touch screen did not work, then I tried multiple tests including reset computer to resolve issues, but non of them worked. As of now after reset computer, I did all updates via windows updates and HP service.

See the results by following your testing methods. None of them worked:

Step 1 - Perform a Hard Reset.

Tried, but it did not work.

Step 2: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics.

There were no "touch screen" option under component test.  Also, there was no touch screen device/driver under device manager. It is gone and I don't know how to re-install or add touch screen driver back.

HP Recommended

@yyd9806

Looks like it is a hardware issue. I would recommend you to try our other support options.

Follow the steps below to reach out to our HP Support team:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further. 

Thank you. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The solution you proposed would require me to seek paid support from HP for what you think is a hardware problem.  I am doubtful about this.  I had an earlier HP all-in-one whose touchscreen failed during the warranty period.  In that case, the fail started gradually at the top of the screen and moved slowly down the screen.  HP was unable to fix the problem and I got my present all-in-one because the previous model was no longer available (even though it was only 6 months old).  Prior to the replacement, I went though an extensive call session with one of your technicians which only proved that I had taken all of the steps and there was no possibility of recovery. If it is indeed a hardware problem, what would be the likelihood of a fix being available at a reasonable cost?  In the case of the original poster and in my case, the touchscreen fail was abrupt and occurred all at once.  I think there is a possibility that it is a bios or software problem and I would prefer to wait to see if other people report the same problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.