Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touch screen doesn't work anymore. The HID driver has been removed and I can't figure out how to reinstall it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@roger_dale,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you're having issues with the touchscreen not working on your HP PC. Don't worry we'll work together to help  you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of the Product? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you checked if the touchscreen works in the Bios?

Could you please respond to this post with the details as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

I have a HP24-b010 

S/N 8cc70405xd

Approx. 18 months old

I lost my touch screen capabilities about two weeks ago. Not sure, but I think it may have been after a microsoft update.

I did a clean install of windows 10 with no luck.

Did a Bios update. Has F.51 dated 7/12/18.

Go into device manager and under HID, has no driver for pen and touch screen. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

@roger_dale,

I am responding on behalf of @Jeet_singh as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03488148

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.