Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q113w (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am updating my original post.  On Feb 28th, 21 my touch screen stopped responding.  I searched online for possible causes and fixes.  I finally found where it said to try to disable the touchscreen under Device Manager (human interface).  I found it and uninstalled it instead of disabling it.  I have searched the internet and I can't find the drivers (software?) for the touch screen.  I spoke with HP Tech Help and they said they could only help me if I paid for it.  I couldn't.  I have tried to run the diagnostics app and am totally lost about it.  I looked at the updates and I don't know which are the touchscreen drivers (they don't have the words touch or screen).

Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue?  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you, Marnie

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Marnie70

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Your touch screen might not respond because it is not enabled or needs to be reinstalled. Use Device Manager to enable and reinstall the touch screen driver.

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Expand the Human Interface Devices list.

3. Right-click the touch screen device, and then click Enable, if possible. If the Enable option does not display, continue to the next step.

Enable HID-compliant touch screen in Device Manager

4. Tap the screen to see if it responds. If it does not, continue with these steps.

5. Right-click the touch screen device, and then click Uninstall.

Uninstall HID-compliant touch screen in Device Manager

6. Restart the computer to reinstall the touch screen driver.

7. Tap the screen to see if it responds. If it does not, continue to the next step.

Device driver updates released through Windows update might resolve touch screen issues.

Install the latest Windows 10 updates.

1. In Windows, search for and open Check for updates.

2. If updates are available, they begin installing automatically.

Windows Update window

3. When the update installation is complete, tap the screen to see if it responds. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!

Marnie70_0-1614796254038.png

Thank you for helping me.  I did as you said and it still is not working.  This is a screenshot of the touch screen device, it was in hidden files.  I am willing to try something else.  Can I use a legacy driver?  I don't really know what that is, but I saw it on a site when I was trying to find a solution.  Thanks,  Marnie 

HP Recommended

@Marnie70

Thank you for posting back.

Use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tests to detect problems with the touch screen hardware.

1. Connect the AC adapter to the computer.

2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the Startup menu appears, press F2.

4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics screen displays, click Component Tests.

Component Tests in HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI

5. Click Touch Screen.

6. There are two interactive touch screen hardware tests. Click Touch Pointer Test first.

Touch Pointer Test in UEFI

7. Read the on-screen instructions, and then click Run once.

8. Touch each of the blocks on the screen to erase them. The test ends after you erase all the blocks or after three minutes have passed, and the results display.

Touch the blocks to erase them

9. Click Main menu to return to the main screen.

10. Click Component Tests, and then click Touch Screen.

11. Click Drag And Drop Test.

Drag and Drop Test in UEFI

12. Read the on-screen instructions, and then click Run once.

13. Drag each orange rectangle to the box indicated by the arrows with a finger or a stylus. The test ends after you reposition all the blocks or after three minutes, and the results display.

Drag the blocks to the correct empty box

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did the test and it still is not working.  I found this under the touchscreen details.  Any other suggestions will be appreciated still.  Thank youScreenshot (26).png

HP Recommended

I am still trying to fix my touchscreen.  I installed some updates from HP but nothing changed.  I was wondering if I tried to use the Recovery Manager to just restore (or install) the drivers and software would it delete my files, or just fix the drivers?  Any advice will be appreciated.

HP Recommended

@Marnie70

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. this sounds like hardware related issue with the touchscreen and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.