Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use HP pavilion X360, it's product number is W2L18UA#ABA. The problem that occurs while using it is that it automatically opens new tabs when I'm using Google chrome or automatically goes to the previous tab. The touch screen clicks icons without physically clicking on them. I tried restarting the computer but it doesn't work. It's hard to work because the screen keeps switching tabs and if I'm working on Ms word the cursor randomly minimizes the screen or any tab on which I'm working on. Help please. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Radhikakhatri Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the touchscreen clicks tabs and icons without physically clicking on.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Please run the SFC scan. you can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Sir I did install the latest updates but it didn't help and the laptop still does things on its own.

HP Recommended

@Radhikakhatri

I understand your concerns.

Please perform the system reset an check for the issue.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Sir I got this laptop from USA and I'm currently residing in Pakistan, doing the system reset will not cause any problem right? I have never performed a system reset before so I want to make sure that reinstalling the system after the reset won't cause any problem.

HP Recommended

@Radhikakhatri

Do not worry. Performing the system reset will not cause any problem. 

While performing the system reset you will have two options. You have to select the keep my files. 

It will not delete your personal files. 

However, I would suggest you take the backup and perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

It still didn't help sir, even after the reset. However I disabled the touch screen option but is there any other solution to overcome this problem?

HP Recommended

@Radhikakhatri

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.