Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy 23
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an Envy 23 that was touch/pen capable until only a few days ago.  It now shows "no pen or touch available for this display."  The HID compliant for touchscreen is hidden and cannot install, update, or rollback driver because the hardware is not connected.  
I have attempted to rollback Window updates, install Window updates (all), restore to an earlier time when the PC was working with touchscreen, update and rollback drivers, reboot to the manufacturer set up, etc.  I would attempt to calibrate except there is no option for that.  Many of the suggestions require steps that are no longer found on the PC.

The onscreen keyboard has even disappeared.  

The only suggestions I can find from forums, web searches, and the customer care number is to 
winkey + X and update the driver in the HID --- No possible since it cannot find the hardware or hardware is not connected.  What hardware?  It is not in the hardware recovery, reboot, search of PC, and I did not buy this separate.  
I have looked for calibration options but they do not exist on the PC as far as I can find.
I have looked on HP's site for the driver(s) or other options and nothing.

Is there a way to get the touchscreen driver, hardware, or whatever is needed fixed?  I purchased this specific for the touchscreen and to lose it kind of defeats the purpose of having it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@who8mycookie

Thank you for replying with the details,

I understand your concern and I completely agree that hanging up as you've mentioned is unprofessional and is definitely not acceptable within HP either,

To help you out, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @who8mycookie,

in regards to the issue, can you please follow the document below and let me know the results

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03488148 

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on “Thumbs Up” STAR to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response but I have done all that.  
- Make sure PC is touchscreen - It was until a few days ago, now apparently it is not.
-After Windows 10 - I do not have 10, I have 8.1 the OS that it came with
-Pavilion - I do not have a Pavilion or notebook, I have a Envy 23 All-In-One Touchscreen (funny part of the computer name has touchscreen)

One of the steps says to uninstall/restart/reinstall.......there is no software to reinstall, it came with the PC as part of the PC's features.  No where on my systems software/driver page with HP or MS has touchscreen drivers, software, or other.

Thanks though.  Guess HP is meant to fall apart once the warranty is over.  NEVER AGAIN!

HP Recommended

@who8mycookie

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand the touchscreen isn't working as it normally would,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Did you check if it works outside windows, within the BIOS screen (Accessed by tapping on F10 during a restart)?

If you haven't confirmed that yet, I recommend that you do as that would help us identify if this is either a software or a hardware issue,

Also, you may run a hardware test on the touchscreen using this HP Article for clarity.

While I await your response, I must also let you know that the warranty has nothing to do with your product's performance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for a reply.  Yes, I have tried both of your suggestions.  The drivers/hardware are just gone from the PC.  The device manager shows it under ghost or hidden objects but it does not give any options except to uninstall.  There is nothing else the computer recognizes, displays, or finds in a search for this.  I have basically done everything suggested by you and every forum across internet space, updated, rollback, update again.  I even rebooted to factory settings losing a lot of time.

I agree the warranty does not have anything to do with the performance but the performance is not up to standards.  Instead of your customer service people on the phone being supportive they want a payment or else they hang up on me.  At least politely state you no longer help customers out of warranty with an issue instead of demanding payment or hanging up on people.  I have a product that does not perform or function in the way it was created to and after 1.5 years of ownership I do not expect it to stop working and then be treated to an attitude of oh well your problem now.

HP Recommended

@who8mycookie

Thank you for replying with the details,

I understand your concern and I completely agree that hanging up as you've mentioned is unprofessional and is definitely not acceptable within HP either,

To help you out, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.