Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@JP1960,

Yes, I did and I have replied to the private message.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have this exact same issue.  It has never been fixed anywhere I can find on this board.

HP Recommended

@SparkyJS,

What is the exact model for your computer?

What is the exact issue you are facing?

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is an HP Pavilion All-In-One 27-A227c.  

One day, the touchscreen functionality just disappeared.  I suspect that it was after a Windows 10 update.  

As many others have stated, the touchscreen no longer shows up under the device manager, under recovery, etc.  When the touchscreen drivers are loaded, it says:

This touch panel IC firmware update is for ILITEK only. We identified your
touch panel IC is not ILITEK. Please ignore this firmware update program and exit this program.
This touch panel IC firmware update is for ILITEK only.
Please ignore this firmware update program and exit this program.

Every other feature with this device works fine, and it can be controlled with a mouse and keyboard, but there is no longer touchscreen functionality.  It is like it just vanished one day.

HP Recommended

@SparkyJS,

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when the touchscreen was working fine.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Devwel - Don't bother backing up all your information and restoring everything back to ground zero...I just wasted a lot of time doing just that hoping that would do the trick and the touchscreen still does not work.  Obviously, from just lurking around this forum, a  LOT of people have the same problem we do.  The solution?  There is no solution.  SHAME ON YOU HP!

HP Recommended

@takmagic,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.