Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
model 27-a010 product number V8P05AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The touch screen on my All-In-One suddenly stopped working. Firstly I checked the device manager and found there was no touch screen listed under Human interface devices. I went to HP webpage and got all my computer's info, drivers etc. There was no touch screen drivers listed, however there was an upgrade listed under Firmware. It read Touch Screen Firmware for a10 Pavilion 27 sp79278.exe.  I downloaded it but it said I already had the file on my computer and asked if I wanted to overwrite it, which I did. Lastly I tried to install the update and it replied with "This touch panel IC firmware update is for ILITEK only. We identified your touch panel is not ILITEK. Please ignore this firmware update program". Where do I go from here? I have no idea what the ILITEK touch panel is or what touch panel I have. Any help or info would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Lawndoctor

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ Krazy Toad

Thanks for all of your above suggestions. Unfortunately I have tried them all prior to coming to the support forum. All my drivers are up to date and all Windows updates have been installed. Thanks again

HP Recommended

@Lawndoctor

Please check if the Touchscreen test is available in F2 Diagnostic and this will confirm if it's a Hardware or Software issue

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Touchscreen ( Or Display )

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ KrazyToad

I had already run the component test as you suggested. There is no touch screen in the list and no touch screen listed under video which I can understand seeing it doesn't show up in the device manager . There is a mouse and touch pad in the list of components but that is only for the mouse and touch pad. I really appreciate all your suggestions and time but it looks like the only way I will get the touch screen back and listed on the human interface devices on the device manager but I don't want to reload the system.

Lawndoctor.

HP Recommended

@Lawndoctor

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ECHO_LAKE

Unfortunately this computer is out of warranty. I'm sure there would be charges to get support for

out of warranty equipment. I guess i will have to do without the touch screen. Thanks for your suggestion.

Lawndoctor

HP Recommended

@Lawndoctor

It's true that there will be charges since the computer is out of warranty

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I purchased a warranty - hp smart friend and was paying 14.99 a month and they were absolutely no help at all so now that the year is up i cancelled it - so I have been having this problem for quite some time and there is still no fix for it - unbelievable that a company like HP cant find a solution for us

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.