Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 13-s100 x360 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touchpad multi fingure gestures are not working properly. I looked at the following link:  but am unable to view the last option (for the synaptics clickpad) in the dialog box (second picture). When I see the driver in the device manager it shows to be up to date. If I clich on the clickpad option in control panel I get the following error message: 

"Unable to connect to the synaptics pointing device driver." (picture bellow)HP.png

click.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Harsh24198
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.

Next step, BIOS default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. Once it's done uninstall the Touchpad device,

Next, uninstall Touchpad device from device manager.

1. Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it. 
  2. In the device manager, expand category "Mice and other pointing devices". 
  3. Under this category, right-click on your Synaptics Touchpad driver and click on Uninstall. 
  4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK button. 
  5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver. 
  6. Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.