Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
15da0352tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using hp 15da0352tu laptop. When i open any browser or document on it it is automatically scrolling down how to fix it.please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@tanmoybera1998, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the cursor moves on its own on your HP Notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did this happen after a recent software update?

Have you tried to connect an external mouse and check if it works?

Have you checked if the cursor moves even in the Bios?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

The next thing, I would suggest here is to boot the computer into the Bios screen and check if the cursor moves on its own or not, If the cursor keeps moving on its own even in the Bios, then it's a possible hardware failure. If the cursor does not move on the Bios, then it's likely a software or driver issue, then you can try to update the Bios, graphics card drivers as well as touchpad drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Once done, restart the computer and check if that works.

If the issue persists, let's try to check the settings:

Check the Mouse options under the control panel: 

Start → Control Panel → Mouse → Buttons tab.  

Check the box labeled "Use MS Office compatible scroll only."  

Also, check the box below labeled "Scroll inactive window only." 

If the issue persists, attempt the below steps: 

Attempt using an alternate/external mouse.  

(If that works when the touchpad is disabled on Synaptic software, it would mean that it's a touchpad failure, 

However, if the external mouse doesn't work either, it could be a software/driver issue). 

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your mouse: 

Go to the Device Manager and select your mouse. Uninstall it and then restart your computer. During restart, your mouse driver will automatically be reinstalled. 

• 1.   Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager. 
  • 2.   Click Device Manager. 
  • 3.   Click + sign next to Mouse. 
  • 4.   Right-click on mouse entry and choose "uninstall". 
  • 5.   Restart your computer. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.