Red-Eye
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Touchscreen has never worked - HP Pavilion All-in-One

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-r014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-r014 with Windows 10 Home 10.0.18362 Build 18362.  According to the specs. 

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2017/Panorama2017/HP_Pavilion_All_in_One_27_r014.pdf  this should be a touchscreen monitor (10-point touch-enabled 27" diagonal widescreen FHD IPS WLED-backlit
edge-to-edge display) but it has never worked.  I've used the chat bot, completed all suggestions, complete steps found in videos on this site and have never been able to use this device as a touch screen. What do you suggest that I try?
6 REPLIES 6
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,721 92,599 11,987 25,553
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Red-Eye 

What is your machine ? Is it a 24" or 27" machine ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Red-Eye
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

24"

0 Kudos
Red-Eye
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, provided you with the wrong data sheet, I have one of each.   This is a 24" and it is also touch.

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2017/Panorama2017/HP_Pavilion_All_in_One_24_r014.pdf

See "Integrated Display" that it shows "10-point touch enabled...".  The picture in the data sheet shows "Touch".

0 Kudos
danwilk
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same computer bought new at Best Buy and have sent it in to HP support that they "fixed" the touchscreen then had to install all my stuff back on the PC. When the first windows update ran it was broke again. I gave up and took it as a loss of touch screen and just use the PC as is. I can absolutely say I will never purchase an HP product again. 

CaptainTodd
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

13" MacBook Pro 2017 3.1 GHz Dual Core i5 w Intel Irs Plus Graphics 650 1535 MB

0 Kudos
Red-Eye
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's a 24" but is still a touch screen.  See my post for additional information.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation