Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-r068a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm a firm believer of updating firmware for devices after an experience a couple of years ago where updating a BIOS greatly improved the speed of a laptop I had.

Anyway, last week I was checking the HP website for firmware updates for an all in one I have and I saw a section for firmware updates on the Software and Drivers page for my model of machine.

I saw one for the touchscreen and downloaded it and installed it. Now the touchscreen doesn't work properly.

Upon further looking on the Software and Drivers page, I now see that the firmware for the touchscreen isn't even for my machine, but is for a different one.

I would like my touchscreen to work. Does anybody know where on HP's website I can find the correct firmware for my touchscreen?

Does anybody know why HP is offering the wrong firmware on their support page? Surely I'm not the only one affected by this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@xxFleaxx, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have followed the instructions on the page you have provided. However the touch screen still behaves as if the wrong firmware has been installed on it.

Which is precisely the problem, as your software and drivers page for this computer provides the *wrong* firmware for this touch screen, and I did not notice that until after downloading and installing it.

Please can you provide me with a download link for the correct firmware for this screen. It is a 24" screen, and your software and drivers page for this computer gives firmware for a 27" screen.

HP Recommended

Just following this up to see if anybody else from HP can provide the correct firmware for this device and remove the incorrect firmware from the software downloads page for this device.

Not removing it is just careless and irresponsible, as other people will download and install this firmware update, which will then break their touchscreens, and they will then be told to pay to fix a problem that shouldn't have occurred in the first place.

A problem which can be fixed if HP would just provide a download for the correct firmware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.