Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP All in One -24-g014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touchscreen stopped working on my HP All in one 24-g014.  I noticed the driver for it is a Microsoft generic driver.  It seems to have changed on May 22 2018 for some reason or other.  I can not seem to get it back to the original driver using the update and trouble shoot.   How do I re install the OE driver to return my touchcreeen and HP settings? 

Thanks to any replies or links to help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rolf838,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated. 

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I understand you have checked in the Bios and unfortunately it does not work. 

Since the Bios is independent of Operating system, this looks like a possible hardware failure.

I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Rolf838,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you are having issues with the touchscreen not working on your HP notebook. Don't worry we're here to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did this happen after a recent software update?

Have you checked if the touchscreen works fine in Bios? 

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

The best way to identify if this is either a hardware or a software issue is by checking if the Touch is working on BIOS screen

(Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer). 

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: In this scenario, let's try these steps here: 

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform a Windows update:

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to reinstall the display drivers, along with this I would suggest here is to update the Bios and Chipset drivers from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, Attempt to run a test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool

The touchscreen test can be reached by following the below steps:

NOTE: If the touchscreen test option is still absent then please download and install the HP UEFI Hardware Diagnostics menu via this link.The laptop needs to be restarted once the installation is complete. Then you may once again try to run the hardware tests.

• Shutdown the laptop.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

• On the main menu, click Component Tests.

Figure : Selecting Component Tests from the main menu

Selecting Component Tests from the main menu

• The Component Tests menu displays. Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.

Figure : Sample list of Component Tests

Sample List of the Component tests

• Inside the component test, you should see an option for the Touch Screen Test - Quick interactive test to determine if the touch screen is functioning correctly. To run the test, click Touch Screen, and then click Run once.

Alternatively, I would suggest you go through the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10, 😎

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did the trouble shoot to no avail.  I also did a hard reset and  it made no difference.. well, my computer boots up like its new, but it did not fix the touchscreen.  I booted up into bio... F10... ( HP Setup)  and no touchscreen..  nor did I have a mouse. .  I did a windows update check and HP software check... nothing.  When I looked at the display driver it was a generic microsoft and dated 2006.  When I tried to update it.. it said it was current. 

I found this on information about the driver:

5-22-2018   Device migrated

5-22-2018   Device configured (monitor.inf)

5-22-2018   Device started (monitor)

Device DISPLAY\HWP4255\45c1c0dd2&0&UID265988 was migrated

Last Device Instance ID:  ( same as above...)

On the same day  05-22-2018 the only update I could find was a FLASH update... I found no windows or HP updates.

HP Recommended

@Rolf838,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated. 

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I understand you have checked in the Bios and unfortunately it does not work. 

Since the Bios is independent of Operating system, this looks like a possible hardware failure.

I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How is this thread helpful?  HP Support, do you read these  before responding?

Seems like a common issue with this machine to me.  I also lost a USB port, although I can't say it is related to the touchscreen, but I have a hunch.  I have a HID Driver that is showing a problem but I can't seem to fix it.  Could it be related to either the touchscreen or the port or both?  If the solution is for me to see you sent a private message to someone else, how does that help me?

HP Recommended

@Ryand1959

If you are facing the same issue in BIOS, then you need to contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.