Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion a1310n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I click the icons in my 'tray' at the bottom of the screen nothing happens. To get into the internet, WORD or EXCEL I have to double click the icon on the main screen. Also the clock is not keeping correct time. I know older PCs had batteries which to be changed does the Pavilion a1310n  have a battery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Wow, that's a pretty old machine! Yes, it will have a CR-2032 coin battery that keeps the time & date when there's no other power going to the unit. So if your time/date keep resetting after a power off then you'll probably need to change this battery. In saying that though, if you have Win10 installed it SHOULD fix the time/date itself if you're connected to the internet.

As far as the tray issue, did you UPGRADE to 10? Or do a clean install? It may be a glitch after an upgrade, it also may be an incompatibility with a machine so old.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Wow, that's a pretty old machine! Yes, it will have a CR-2032 coin battery that keeps the time & date when there's no other power going to the unit. So if your time/date keep resetting after a power off then you'll probably need to change this battery. In saying that though, if you have Win10 installed it SHOULD fix the time/date itself if you're connected to the internet.

As far as the tray issue, did you UPGRADE to 10? Or do a clean install? It may be a glitch after an upgrade, it also may be an incompatibility with a machine so old.

HP Recommended

I don't know what I did but it's working now, no more problem. Thank you for responding at least now I know there is a battery.

Ruth

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.