Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP VH240a
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello! I am unable to get my 13 inch 2018 MacBook Pro to display full screen on my new HP VH240a 23.8 inch monitor. There are black bars on the top, bottom, and sides of the display. I have tried default settings, overscaling, and changing the display resolution on both the monitor and my MacBook. I was able to overscale to obtain fullscreen, but the top and bottom of the laptop were cut off. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@scloskey60
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

You should have no problem using an HP monitor with your Apple Mac computer. However, it is likely you will need to purchase and connect a suitable adapter to convert the monitor's input connecter to a connection compatible with your Mac.

• Have you tried changing the MAC display settings?
  • Have you tried connecting this monitor to a different computer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.