Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 32 All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do you disable the light adjustment on the video camera?  When I'm on a Zoom or Teams meeting, the video is constantly brightening and darkening the picture if I move just a little (changing the lighting slightly)??

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@James_Wats2 , welcome to the forum.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply - 

The product # is 3UQ95AA#ABA

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @James_Wats2!  Thank you for the additional information.

I reviewed all of the manuals and there didn't appear to be any instructions for changing the lighting adjustment.  I suggest that you open the On-Screen-Display (OSD) to see if there is a setting.  I believe the button for it is on the (right side facing) back of the computer.  There is likely a setting that is set to "Auto".  Also, there are video settings in Zoom that might help solve the problem.

HP Recommended

Sorry for the slow response - I took 2 weeks off for Christmas with my family. 

I was unable to find someplace in the OSD to disable the lighting / brightness on the video camera.  

But I did discover that the Camera on the machine is a HP 5M

And this info is listed in the driver section

Device USB\VID_30C9&PID_0006&MI_00\6&4997215&2&0000 was configured.

Driver Name: usbvideo.inf
Class Guid: {ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.19041.1
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: USBVideo.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF2002
Matching Device Id: USB\Class_0e
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: true
Parent Device: USB\VID_30C9&PID_0006\01.00.00

HP Recommended

I hope you had a great time with your family!

The only other suggestion that I have is try to update the driver for the camera.  Go into Device Manager/Cameras/right click on the camera/Update driver/Search automatically for drivers.  If there is a newer driver it will be found and installed.  If not, it doesn't appear that much can be done.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.