Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
590-P0050 Paviliion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please help.  I am desperate and frustrated.  

What docking station do I need to connect two HP Curved monitors to my HP Pavillion Desktop (590-P0050) to run two monitors?

I have purchased some converters/docks/cables and nothing works.

HP Tech Support does not understand my question and I have been bounced around to four different agents.

I am now on hold....

I even have a case number: [personal info removed].

Please help, this should not be that difficult.  I am so frustrated and in tears.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Slightly different model, exact same problem ....

Model M01-F0027na

Brand new - only plugged it in yesterday.

I have two large screens, but only one of each sort of video/screen connection on the back of the "tower"

Screen one has an HDMI connection.

If I plug a VGA "wire" in, even with no screen on the other end, then the system fails - I can see the mouse icon moving, only on screen one,  but nothing else - I can't even get to the "Settings" panel

It MUST be possible to display 2 screens from one computer, surely?

( Incidentally both screens have both HDMI & VGA ports - they are big (21" diagonal) Samsungs, which have worked well for several years ... )

HP Recommended

Good luck to you - it is beyond my comprehension that HP can not help me.

I talked to four agents and tried the chat twice with no luck.

No one can even understand my question and then they just say that I need to speak to "my friend" service where they want to charge me to maybe tell me what to do.

Screw this.  HP is terrible.  Never will I ever purchase another piece of their equipment.

HP Recommended

Even wierder ...

If I plug the VGA-only lead into the back of the machine & the second screen, the first screen behaves normally, but it refuses to detect the second .....

But, if I then re-attach the VGA/HDMI connector the main screen dies, as before, even without plugging in to the second screen - when I do that it makes no difference.

It's reacting to AN OPEN CIRCUIT that has a VGA/HDMI adaptor on it.

I'm going to try using VGA only & see if it works the other way round - but if I do NOT post here, you will know that that is utter crap, as well .....

HP Recommended

SUGGESTION - this worked for me after consultation with HP on 'phone .....

Take second monitor, remove power cable & then power the disconnected monitor down, by holding down it's power button ... drains capacitors & power stored.

After about a minute, re-connect - in my case, it suddenly all worked.

You may have to physically move your screen/monitors around, to get the priority you want.

It seems to be a combination hardware AND software problem, which is why it's such a pain to solve

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.