cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Stephie1200
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Two monitors on Pavillion Desktop 590-P0050

HP Recommended
590-P0050 Paviliion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please help.  I am desperate and frustrated.  

What docking station do I need to connect two HP Curved monitors to my HP Pavillion Desktop (590-P0050) to run two monitors?

I have purchased some converters/docks/cables and nothing works.

HP Tech Support does not understand my question and I have been bounced around to four different agents.

I am now on hold....

I even have a case number: [personal info removed].

Please help, this should not be that difficult.  I am so frustrated and in tears.

4 REPLIES 4
GregTingey
4 4 0 1
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Slightly different model, exact same problem ....

Model M01-F0027na

Brand new - only plugged it in yesterday.

I have two large screens, but only one of each sort of video/screen connection on the back of the "tower"

Screen one has an HDMI connection.

If I plug a VGA "wire" in, even with no screen on the other end, then the system fails - I can see the mouse icon moving, only on screen one,  but nothing else - I can't even get to the "Settings" panel

It MUST be possible to display 2 screens from one computer, surely?

( Incidentally both screens have both HDMI & VGA ports - they are big (21" diagonal) Samsungs, which have worked well for several years ... )

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Stephie1200
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good luck to you - it is beyond my comprehension that HP can not help me.

I talked to four agents and tried the chat twice with no luck.

No one can even understand my question and then they just say that I need to speak to "my friend" service where they want to charge me to maybe tell me what to do.

Screw this.  HP is terrible.  Never will I ever purchase another piece of their equipment.

GregTingey
4 4 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Even wierder ...

If I plug the VGA-only lead into the back of the machine & the second screen, the first screen behaves normally, but it refuses to detect the second .....

But, if I then re-attach the VGA/HDMI connector the main screen dies, as before, even without plugging in to the second screen - when I do that it makes no difference.

It's reacting to AN OPEN CIRCUIT that has a VGA/HDMI adaptor on it.

I'm going to try using VGA only & see if it works the other way round - but if I do NOT post here, you will know that that is utter crap, as well .....

GregTingey
4 4 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SUGGESTION - this worked for me after consultation with HP on 'phone .....

Take second monitor, remove power cable & then power the disconnected monitor down, by holding down it's power button ... drains capacitors & power stored.

After about a minute, re-connect - in my case, it suddenly all worked.

You may have to physically move your screen/monitors around, to get the priority you want.

It seems to be a combination hardware AND software problem, which is why it's such a pain to solve

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation