Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion all in one 27 xa0xxx

I am looking to add a second monitor (third screen). 

I only have one HDMI out port, so looking to the use the USB C port - that is Thunderbolt 3

I have checked and the graphics card supports three screens. 

I have a USBC to HMDI adapter that supports thunderbolt. Though I keep getting error messages. 

I have checked drivers. 

Does anyone else have a similar issue or can recommend a product that will enable me to set up a  third screen?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Actually a very similar question

M01-F0027na is my model - brand-new, only plugged it in on Monday

I have tow big Samsung screens, used for several years - plug number 1 in to HDMI port - OK

As soon as I plug a VGA cable in, with or without the number 2 screen connected, the main screen goes dark ( or wallpaper-only) nothing can be seen except the mouse icon - not able to get any services at all.

It MUST be possible to get 2 screens working from one machine, surely?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.