cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
DRFarm
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

USB C to HDMI not working

HP Recommended
Pavilion all in one 27 xa0xxx

I am looking to add a second monitor (third screen). 

I only have one HDMI out port, so looking to the use the USB C port - that is Thunderbolt 3

I have checked and the graphics card supports three screens. 

I have a USBC to HMDI adapter that supports thunderbolt. Though I keep getting error messages. 

I have checked drivers. 

Does anyone else have a similar issue or can recommend a product that will enable me to set up a  third screen?

1 REPLY 1
GregTingey
4 4 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually a very similar question

M01-F0027na is my model - brand-new, only plugged it in on Monday

I have tow big Samsung screens, used for several years - plug number 1 in to HDMI port - OK

As soon as I plug a VGA cable in, with or without the number 2 screen connected, the main screen goes dark ( or wallpaper-only) nothing can be seen except the mouse icon - not able to get any services at all.

It MUST be possible to get 2 screens working from one machine, surely?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation