Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp Pavilion p6677c Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

computer and screen stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout" screen.  USB's all seem to be dead.  Keyboard and mouse not responding, therefore, of course, I can't select anything and get any further w/ my  computer.   Just did this out of the blue...????  I have LOTS of pictures on this so I really need to get back into it.  Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated....!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, do you know what you are in this screen?? You have tried to reinstall Windows?? Windows can't start normally?? 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

The computer came on this way.  It was shut down as normal before.  As stated, I can't do anything w/ it due to no keyboard or mouse, so I don't know how I'd do anything right now?  

HP Recommended

Hello, I want to make a little test. Please shut down your computer and wait 2 minutes. After this, restart your computer in taping Esc key, and say me if you have an other screen. 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

The keyboard and mouse don't work!  I can tap keys all day but nothing is going to happen.  The USB's aren't working.  I've tried both keyboards on my laptop and they work fine.  Plug them into the desktop and nothing...  

HP Recommended

Hello, so it is probably an hardware problem.. Where are you buy this PC?? Is a new PC or a used PC?? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.