Boschman
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

USB's all dead...

HP Recommended
hp Pavilion p6677c Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

computer and screen stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout" screen.  USB's all seem to be dead.  Keyboard and mouse not responding, therefore, of course, I can't select anything and get any further w/ my  computer.   Just did this out of the blue...????  I have LOTS of pictures on this so I really need to get back into it.  Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated....!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Fanordi
Level 12
996 991 108 193
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, do you know what you are in this screen?? You have tried to reinstall Windows?? Windows can't start normally?? 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

0 Kudos
Boschman
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The computer came on this way.  It was shut down as normal before.  As stated, I can't do anything w/ it due to no keyboard or mouse, so I don't know how I'd do anything right now?  

0 Kudos
Fanordi
Level 12
996 991 108 193
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, I want to make a little test. Please shut down your computer and wait 2 minutes. After this, restart your computer in taping Esc key, and say me if you have an other screen. 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

0 Kudos
Boschman
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The keyboard and mouse don't work!  I can tap keys all day but nothing is going to happen.  The USB's aren't working.  I've tried both keyboards on my laptop and they work fine.  Plug them into the desktop and nothing...  

0 Kudos
Fanordi
Level 12
996 991 108 193
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, so it is probably an hardware problem.. Where are you buy this PC?? Is a new PC or a used PC?? 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation