1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Unable to Use Portrait Mode for HP VH240a Using MacBook Air 2017

HP Recommended
HP VH240a Monitor
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello,

I recently purchased the HP VH240a, 23.8" monitor that rotates to the vertical (portrait) position.  It is to be used as an external monitor for my MacBook Air 2017.  I connected the monitor to the MacBook Air with a HDMI - Thunderbolt adapter cable and the monitor works perfectly fine.  However, when I rotate the monitor to the vertical (portrait) position, the screen continues to be in the horizontal and not the vertical!  The manual (p. 17) says:  "To correct screen position (Horizontal Position or Vertical Position): Press the Menu button on the monitor to open the OSD menu, and then select IMAGE POSITION."  PROBLEM - the OSD Menu does NOT SHOW "Image Position"!  The HP website does not show a driver (disk or download) for this monitor.  What do I need to do to work in the portrait position?  

Thank you for your time and assistance.   

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation