Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Left hand side of screen is much darker than the right side.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TonyH22 Welcome to HP Community!

Let's try increasing the brightness of the laptops and check if that makes a difference,

Also, you may want to perform a colour calibration to get the screen into your preference:

Before you start, make sure your monitor has been on for at least half an hour, so it's warmed up properly, and clean your monitor.

1. Right-click on the desktop and select Display settings

2. Click "Advanced display settings" at the bottom of the settings window.
3. Verify that your monitor is set to the recommended, native resolution. If it's not, set it to the recommended resolution at least for this calibration process.

4. Click "Color calibration" at the bottom of the advanced display settings window.
5. Click Next to start the colour calibration.

The wizard will walk you through adjusting your colour settings. You'll:

• Set the display to the factory default colour settings, if your monitor allows you to do that
  • Adjust your display's gamma to match a sample image
  • Adjust the brightness and contrast
  • Adjust the colour balance
    At the end of the wizard, click Finish to save your settings

6. At the end of the wizard, click Finish to save your settings.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I tried all the procedures you suggest, made no difference. Started the machine in bios and the problem was still there so it is not a Win 10 problem.  I have spoken to HP tech help and they agree this is a hardware problem. DPD will collect the machine and take it in for repair. I am told it will take about 8 days which is disappointing. I will post the end result when the machine is returned.

Tony.

HP Recommended

@TonyH22 Alright, I'm glad it will be repaired, and please take your time, let us know how that pans out,

Good luck and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.