Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hey there! Bren thanks for the reply.

Can you try the step mentioned in the link: http://hp.care/2bNaChM

Let me know how it goes.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Chetan,

So based on the link it wants me to uninstall all current IDT drivers and update to the latest IDT driver which i did. After the reboot and on Step 3, i don't have the enhancement option. When i click on properties for the the "Speakers and Headphones", the 3 tabs i have are "General, Levels and Advanced". Also at the same time there are no sound at all from all speakers and subwoofer. I believe the IDT driver is still the main culprit.

I'll be rolling back to the generic microsoft High Definition audio driver temporarily until another fix is found.

Thanx Chetan

HP Recommended

Hey there! Bren thanks for your reply,I understand you have tried all the steps and you still have the audio issue.

So please uninstall the audio driver from programs and features and install the audio driver from recovery manager.

After the uninstallation reboot your PC and keep tapping f11 before boot up. You should boot into recovery manager.  

Please follow this link for further instructions:http://hp.care/2bZGtPE

Let me know how it goes.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Chetan,

After doing a clean install for Windows 10, HP Recovery Manager does not exist in my system anymore. However I've tried to download the standalone Recovery Manager program from the HP site but failed saying it does not support Windows 10.

And again I've uninstalled all audio drivers, reboot etc but nothing works. Still no sound from subwoofer and i still have to roll back to the generic audio driver for my front speakers to work.

HP Recommended

Hey there! Bren thanks for the reply,

It looks like you have done all the troubleshooting mentioned by me and still your computer has audio issues. I would need the serial and product number of your computer please send this details in a private message. So I can get you the right drivers.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobot, 

I am having problems with my bass after one of the updates of win10 and I am not satisfied with the support in the german hp Support forum yet. 

Envy 17 J115EG Win10 Home x64 with Beats Audio, tried the actual IDT driver, tried Win7 driver, tried HD Audio driver of Windows, but the bass just wont come back. Do you or any of your colleagues have an idea what to try next?

HP Recommended

Having the same issues as Bren.  Tried all the fixes here (& a few more).  Still no subwoofer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.