Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23-p030na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having problems with the screen horizontally flickering when trying to play Microsoft Flight Sim X Steam Edition and this appears to have happened when upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Could it be down to the graphics card now requiring an up grade to a better card and will the motherboard and power supply allow this to happen. The game worked fine with Windows 8.1. Will look forward to any expert response. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm not sure then sorry mate. It's an old game & probably isn't receiving any updates for Win10 compatibility.

You could google you're issue and see if anyone else has encountered the issue and fixed it with driver setting tweaks.

Otherwise, if you're that keen to play it, you may need to downgrade back to Win 8,1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Try these drivers:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=814...

If you try to install it and it says it can't because you need to use the HP drivers or something, do it this way.

1. Download the ZIP version, not the EXE.

2. Unzip the file somewhere, such as the desktop.

3. Open up device manager

4. Expand Display Adapters, then Double click on the Intel HD 4600

5. Go to driver, update driver, browse, let me pick

6. Click Have Disk, then browse to the folder named GRAPHICS that was extracted when you extracted the ZIP file.

7. You should then be able to select the HD 4600.

8. Once the drivers have installed OK, re-boot the PC then run the igxpin.exe file in the folder you extracted. This will now allow you to run the normal setup and will also update the display audio drivers.

Le me know if this helps with the game or not.

HP Recommended

Good Morning Hibb 1.

Firstly thank you for replying to my post. Unfortunately after trying both post suggestions the programme still refuses to run correctly so I'm still at a loss.

HP Recommended

I'm not sure then sorry mate. It's an old game & probably isn't receiving any updates for Win10 compatibility.

You could google you're issue and see if anyone else has encountered the issue and fixed it with driver setting tweaks.

Otherwise, if you're that keen to play it, you may need to downgrade back to Win 8,1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.