Gabejdanser
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Useless HDMI Ports

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two HDMI ports towards the bottom of my desktop that don't seem to work. When I try to connect my monitor to them using an HDMI cable, my monitor does not receive any signal. I made sure that my monitor is looking for the right input. Any suggestions?

hdmi.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
KingOP
Level 3
58 55 3 5
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In windows go to the settings and under the system section look under display. Scroll down to the bottom and click on detect for multiple displays. If the HDMI ports are good this should solve your problem. If not then you may have to go into BIOS to see if it is detecting them.

0 Kudos
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,834 10,830 1,008 3,051
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

According to the spec page, that model has a graphics card installed.  That will disable the two HDMI ports that are motherboard outputs, which are shown in the picture you attached.  That is normal and expected behavior.  Use the HDMI outputs from the graphics card.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation