Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
750-170se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade the video card in my PC.  What is the highest power video card that it can support?  The original card is a GeForce GTX 745 and it consumes 55 W.  I cannot find information about the PC power supply on the HP web site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
we should look directly on the power supply if it is visible
indeed we have nothing for this model here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-750-100-desktop-pc-series/8499646/model/8501668/product...

motherboard specifications, Thimphu
If not, you can look there is an example here, this squeezed the same motherboard!

HP ENVY 750-175se CTO Desktop PC product specifications and configurable options

Must select one of the following options:
  • 300 W
  • 500 W
  • NVIDIA GTX 745 (DDR3) (4 GB)
  • AMD Radeon R9 370 (GDDR5) (2 GB)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (GDDR5) (2 GB)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (GDDR5) (4 GB)

but depending on the power supply therefore, you may only have a 300w

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
we should look directly on the power supply if it is visible
indeed we have nothing for this model here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-750-100-desktop-pc-series/8499646/model/8501668/product...

motherboard specifications, Thimphu
If not, you can look there is an example here, this squeezed the same motherboard!

HP ENVY 750-175se CTO Desktop PC product specifications and configurable options

Must select one of the following options:
  • 300 W
  • 500 W
  • NVIDIA GTX 745 (DDR3) (4 GB)
  • AMD Radeon R9 370 (GDDR5) (2 GB)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (GDDR5) (2 GB)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (GDDR5) (4 GB)

but depending on the power supply therefore, you may only have a 300w

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.  I looked at the power supply and it appears to be 300 W.  The video card I wanted to use is a GeForce RTX 3060 Ti which draws 200 W.  The Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz processor draws 95 W.  That only leaves 5 W for the rest of the components, so it looks like it would not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.