Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 590-p0070
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Looking for video card recommendations. Integrated graphics just aren't meeting my needs.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

no upgrade is more complex, video cards have 100s of features and options or not.

the first of 5 more more question is, does my pC have X16 slot. to do that.

590-p0070 a real desktop with x16 slot.

there are 1000s of cards made by 12 makers. (newegg shows 999+) and used cards in the 1000's

which one fits your needs are not known,  but at newegg.com see GPU cards, see left side of page, see all those vast features,

only you can know this.

1: fits your PC , ones with 3 fans will not,  so measuring the slot space x16 is step one, to learn what fits there (ruler time)

2: PSU limits , 310watts, so ID say no cards over 120watts will be good. (TPD spec, read on card)

3: if over 75watts your PSU must have PCI-e 12vdc GPU aux power cables to run any card over 75watts TPD

4: cooling issues? (case fans missing or not have bearing here)

5: may need to reload w10 for secure boot option to work.

the best card IMO  for weak PSU PCS is GTX1650, the lower power fast TURING CPU card, (runs fast games no problem 1080p) and never goes over 75 watts  and never needs a PSU with GPU Aux cables.

I guess the PC can use 4.2" high profile cards the HP site  make no size statement at all, but walmart told me 6.7" case wide.

8 rules?

one more ,  it (card drivers) must run w10-64bit. but assumed.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.