Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP model P6-2316s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Looking to add a monitor to my PC so I can work easier from home.

System:  HP model P6-2316s.  AMD A4-3420 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.80ghz.  8.0GB RAM.  64bit OS, Windows 10 Pro

The video card has 2 outputs: DVI-D and VGA.  I tried to  hook up one monitor to each output, but it will not see the monitor using the VGA connection.  

I am guessing that both outputs are not active simultaneously: only one works at a time?

If not, I could use help on how to fix?  If not, can anyone recommend a video card that will work with his PC so I can use both monitors?  Note: One monitor has DVI-D and VGA inputs.  The other is actually a TV/Monitor with only HDMI input.  Both are Samsung brand.

Note: this is for business use, not gaming.

Thanks in advance...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@thos19 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to connect the two monitors.

Do not worry. I will try to help you in this regard.

You can use the one out port from the graphics card.

However, you can purchase the splitter for that port and connect the monitor.

Please refer the below link to HP Desktop PCs - Connecting Monitors and TVs to Your PC

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03319404

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.