Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
pav23-h056 all-n-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My product is an HP pav 23 -H 056 all in one desktop it came with Windows 8.1 and I upgraded to Windows 10 home all of my web pages only utilize the middle third of my screen it looks like the padding is too much or the margins need help utilizing my full screen really don't wanna give up my resolution which is 1920 x1080

Bane Buyas
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bleeeeeee Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Web text and icons only utilize the middle third of my screen like the padding is too much.

You did make sure that you aren't zooming pages?

You may have zoomed web page(s) by accident. Reset the page zoom on pages that cause problems.

• View > Zoom > Reset (Ctrl/Command+0 (zero))

If you have made changes to Advanced font settings like increasing the minimum/default font size then try the default minimum setting "none" and the default font size 16 in case the current setting is causing problems.

• Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced > Minimum Font Size (none)

Make sure that you allow pages to choose their own fonts.

• Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced: [X] "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above"

It is better not to increase the minimum font size, but to use an extension to set the default page zoom to prevent issues with text not being displayed properly.

You can set the layout.css.devPixelsPerPx pref on the about:config page to 1.0 You can adjust layout.css.devPixelsPerPx starting from 1.0 in 0.1 or 0.05 steps (1.1 or 0.9) to make icons show correctly.

You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I'll be careful" to continue.

Use an extension to adjust the text size in the user interface and the page zoom in the browser window.

You can look at this extension to adjust the font size for the user interface.

You can look at the Default FullZoom Level or NoScript extension if web pages need to be adjusted after changing layout.css.devPixelsPerPx.

The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.