Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy Desktop 795-0050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a one year old Envy Desktop (model 795-0050) running Windows 10, with an Intel i7-8700 processor, with 256GB SSD. My problem is that when I connect a webcam to the desktop (USB 2.0 or 3.0) the audio received on the other end has a 1-2 second delay. The same delay occurs when making a recording using the Windows 10 Camera app.

I have tried the same webcam on a Toshiba laptop and an HP All-in-one Envy computer and it works just fine (NOTE: both computers have built in cameras). So I concluded that it must be something between the webcam and the Envy desktop. To make things more confusing, I borrowed a Logitech C920 webcam from a friend and ran a Zoom test and there was no audio delay on the Envy desktop.

The webcam is a inexpensive non-branded webcam that has a very good image quality.

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve the audio delay?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@TommyTG Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing the Webcam Audio Delay issue.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03430151

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

All updates were made (including the BIOS) but the problem still exists. Thanks for reminding me about HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

@TommyTG

Thank you for posting back.

Depending on the webcam software that came with your computer, you might be able to download the software from the Microsoft Store, HP, or the manufacturer's website.

NOTE: If the operating system on your computer was upgraded, these steps do not work. Instead, go directly to the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads webpage or the software manufacturer’s website.

• Check the Microsoft Store. Many of the apps that came pre-installed on your computer are available to download for free in the Microsoft Store app.

• Go to the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page. If a Let's identify your product to get started page displays, select your computer type, type the model name of your computer, and then click Submit. From the list of available software and driver categories, find the software you are looking for, click the category name, and then click Download.

• Go to the software manufacturer's website.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks ECHO_Lake but the links in your post don't work. I doubt if they would do any good since my webcam is a plug and play device and I  wouldn't know what drivers to look for... plus I don't know who manufacture it (just got it off of Amazon with no manufacture name).

To further confuse the issue, I plugged in a Logitech webcam C920 while my webcam was plugged in... and guess what... the audio delay problem disappeared.

HP Recommended

@TommyTG

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I did not resolve the problem as having two camera on my computer is not a proper solution. I will be returning the inexpensive webcam to Amazon and replace it with with a webcam that does work on the HP computer.

HP Recommended

@TommyTG

I understand your concerns.

Please run the SFC scan. you can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Per you instructions... I ran system updates and then ran system-file-checker. The problem did not resolve itself. I've spent too many hours on this problem and after checking with a local IT guy at a big firm (told me it could be 100 different things), I'm sending the webcam back to Amazon. 

Now I need to figure out how to close out this post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.