Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-In-One 24xa0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hopefully someone can help with an issue I am having with my webcam on my HP Pavilion All-In-One. The integrated webcam is located at the back of the monitor and (ordinarily) you would slide the webcam up to activate the camera and down to turn it off.

Recently the webcam appears to have developed an issue whereby its activation has switched around. The camera is on when down and when you slide the camera up it switches off and an error will be displayed stating that no camera is detected. Likewise, when the camera is down it will be listed in the Device Manager, but disappears once you slide it up. I have tried updating the driver but this has not worked.

Help!  Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RichGriff Here are a few ways you could resolve the issue with webcam not detected, now I understand this could be overwhelming,

however, take a deep breath and go one step after the other, if the first method didn't help,

Let's begin with ensuring the device is being detected by Windows. 

The following instructions are for Windows 7, but should be very similar for Windows Vista and Windows 8 & Windows 10. 

Method 1: Check Device Manager to make sure it is working properly.

1. Click your Start button, type “Device Manager,” and press Enter.
  2. Once Device Manager loads click “View” and then “Show Hidden Devices.”
  3. Locate the “Imaging Devices” section.
  4. Note whether you see the webcam here.
  5. If the webcam is listed, right click it and verify that it is not “Disabled.”
  6. If webcam is listed and not disabled, move onto Method 2.  If the webcam is not listed you will move onto Method 4. 

Method 2:  Allow Windows to Re-install the device.

1. While still in Device Manager right click on your webcam and select “Uninstall”
  2. If prompted select “remove driver and driver package.”
  3. Reboot your notebook and allow Windows to attempt to reinstall the webcam.
  4. If Windows detects the webcam verify the functionality of the webcam.
  5. If Windows does not detect the webcam and install it move onto Method 3.

Method 3:  Manually install the drivers for your webcam. 

1. Use this website to determine your product/model number. 
  2. Visit the HP Support Page and use this product number to visit your product’s specific page.
  3. Go to “Drivers and Software” and locate the driver for your webcam. 
    1. NOTE: the drivers for the webcam are sometimes bundled with the YouCam software.
    2. Try an alternate software, if issue persists only with one software, contact software manufacturer for support.
  4. Download and install this driver.
  5. Reboot the PC.
  6. Verify functionality. 

Method 4:  Manually re-detecting the hardware.

1. Disconnect all external devices.
  2. Shut down the notebook.
  3. Remove the battery and AC power.
  4. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
  5. Reinstall the battery and AC power.  Then turn the notebook on.
  6. Once Windows is loaded go back to Device Manager.
  7. Selection “Action” and then “Scan for hardware changes.”
  8. If Device Manager detects the hardware allow it to install.
  9. If Device Manager does not detect the hardware, let us know.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.