Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
S2031

I am considering a purchase of an HP 2031 monitor and want to know what year HP stopped

manufacturing this model. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Lauriema2 

Ha!

This result of dong too many things at one time.  😯

Still old...not ancient.  Smiling.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Lauriema2 

Product introduced 2010 - some regions show early 2011

Product Homepage:

HP S2031a 20-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

That’s helpful, but I am even more interested in when HP stopped making them. I’m trying to guage how old this model could be without having an actual device to check the manufacture date. 

HP Recommended

@Lauriema2 

@Lauriema2 wrote:

That’s helpful, but I am even more interested in when HP stopped making them. I’m trying to gauge how old this model could be without having an actual device to check the manufacture date. 

I don't know the answer to this part of your question - I would guess the product was on the market for approximately one year (or likely less) from introduction.   Our Community does not have access to specific manufacturing records.

Date of Obsolescence (that date the device is no longer available) varies by region.  Again, dates vary from less than one year to about 15 months after introduction.

Regardless, this is a very old monitor model - consider the average lifespan of this type of device (two to maybe three years?) before you purchase technology of this vintage.

Manufacture date of 2010 to 2011 means the monitor is nearly twenty years old.

Unless you are purchasing the monitor with a sure foreknowledge of its exact condition and its service expectation, you might want to look elsewhere.   For example, the monitor is  not built to be used with newer devices (computers).

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you Dragon Fur. It’s actually 9-10 years old. You added an extra decade :-). 

HP Recommended

@Lauriema2 

Ha!

This result of dong too many things at one time.  😯

Still old...not ancient.  Smiling.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.