Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2509m Monitor

As soon as it starts up it says check video cable and then the screen goes black and no buttons will work

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EPICGAMERTIGGS

May I know how is the monitor connected? Is it through the VGA, HDMI or DVI port?

Have you tried connecting the Monitor to another computer?

This seems to be an issue with the Video cable. Please try another cable and check if that works

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The monitor us hooked up to a hdmi 

connection. 

I have rebooted the computer but sometimes it does not wrok

it goes to sleep 

If i push the menu button I get a lockout message

HP Recommended

@paul_hanseen Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the monitor will not work.

Have you tried with different wall outlets? 

Have you tried with different HDMI cables?

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-value-25-inch-displays/7274920/model/3999543/document/c00061...

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.