Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I just purchased HP 27" curved monitor model z4n74aa

And have exact same issue.

This really a bug with the screen settings - we should be able to change the brightness and still have FreeSync.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PJSAUNDERS75,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The external source connected to your display must have the FreeSync driver installed.

AMD Radeon Graphics and/or AMD A-Series APU-compliant displays with DisplayPort/HDMI Adaptive-Sync required. AMD 15.11 Crimson driver (or newer) required to support FreeSync over HDMI.

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver on the computer and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't know if you are a real person or a BOT that just spams out random answers, but your answer is less than useless.

As per other posts on this issue relating to HP monitors (if you bothered to read them), this is part of the firmware of the MONITOR - nothing to do with my notebook, drivers, the cable, what I ate for lunch, or anything else.

Even your response "The external source connected to your display must have the FreeSync driver installed." shows your lack of technical knowledge - There is no "freesync" driver as such, it is either part of the drivers of your video card, or it's not.

In my case I am using GTX1660Ti with NVIDIA drivers that support Freesync and it does work. It's just the behaviour of the monitor that is annoying.

Based on your statistics, I suspect that you are getting rated on the number of posts you reply to - regardless of the quality of your answer unfortunately. 

Please try to educate yourself before responding - you make HP look bad and just end up pissing HP customers off.

If you don't know just say so or don't reply at all - that would be better.

HP Recommended

@PJSAUNDERS75,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.