Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2AE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I’m looking for a graphics card for my PC with at least 3 outputs. Any suggestions

9BE9711E-531C-4845-86E7-AF563B00B116.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ddoherty958,

Thanks for writing back.

When you install a graphics card on the PC the onboard ports on the system board will get disabled.

However, you can install NVIDIA GT 1030 GPU as it has three display outputs in it.

Output-DP 1.42, HDMI 2.0b, Single Link-DVI

But you need to upgrade the power supply of your PC from 240W to 300W.

Refer the NVIDIA specifications page for more information. Click Here

Also, refer the PC specification page for more information. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi! @griffo2

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Based on the details you have shared, I have checked the system board specifications, and it has a PCI Express 2.0 slot.

There are three versions of this slot, but they’re backwards compatible, so a modern PCI Express 3.0 graphics card will work in a motherboard with a PCI Express x16 2.0 slot.

1080TI is the "best" graphics card that could run in it..... but chances are pretty good you've got a CPU that'll bottleneck it, So it's potentially hard to use a PCI Express 3.0 graphics card.

Please find the list of supported graphics card from NVIDIA website to know more information. Click Here 

Or you can search in google for the possible graphics upgrade.

Also, if you are upgrading the graphics card you might have to upgrade the power supply too on your PC.

Refer the system board specifications page to know more information. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Capture.PNGI hope this helps you with regards to the Product number and many thanks for the advice already shared. I don't need 4K displays, I mostly want it because I need another display output.

HP Recommended

@ddoherty958,

Thanks for sharing the details. However, the product details you shared does not help me much.

So please refer to this article and share the product details as listed in the article. Click Here

Hope to hear from you soon!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hopefully this helps?Hopefully this helps?

HP Recommended

@ddoherty958,

Thanks for sharing the product details.

I have checked the records and found two supported graphics card test and trialled by HP. Please find the part details below.

AMD Radeon HD 7450 (1GB) dual-head PCIe x16 graphics card (New Part 717219-001)

Outputs
1x DVI
1x HDMI

AMD Radeon HD 7450 (1GB) dual-head PCIe x16 graphics card (New Part 717219-001)

Outputs
1x DVI
1x DisplayPort

You can purchase the part from the HP part store using this link. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Massive thanks for that, now we’re sucking diesel.  Are there any with more than 2 outputs? Could I use the card and the default outputs together? What about 2 cards?

HP Recommended

@ddoherty958,

Thanks for writing back.

When you install a graphics card on the PC the onboard ports on the system board will get disabled.

However, you can install NVIDIA GT 1030 GPU as it has three display outputs in it.

Output-DP 1.42, HDMI 2.0b, Single Link-DVI

But you need to upgrade the power supply of your PC from 240W to 300W.

Refer the NVIDIA specifications page for more information. Click Here

Also, refer the PC specification page for more information. Click Here

Hope this helps!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.