Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 24inch all in one PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP pavilion all in one PC. I broke the monitor accidentally a couple of months ago.so I started using a external monitor.it worked fine. but today I deleted some unnecessary HP bloatwear and did a driver update (it was the graphics driver of my ryzen processor) after that the PC asked to do a restart and I did that and after that my PC restarted but it stopped connecting to my external monitor . I can login to my PC but it doesn't connect with my external monitor. Ps- my HDMI cable and monitor is fine.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

well at hp.com, reload all driver from your support page.

for sure video.

there is a hot key for external monitor or on some button on the casing.

RTM read you manual , under how to connect external monitor.

it is there. in all PCs. laptop and some AIO.

disktops are set in BIOS< what ports to use. 1 the other or AUTO.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

P Pavilion 24-r100 All-in-One Desktop series

did you mean this PC> using what GPU are you.? this?

AMD Radeon Graphics Driver

ht t p s :     //support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-24-r100-all-in-one-desktop-ser...

page 13 in your manual states

Press f4 to cycle through four display states

F4 is hot key, does that work? if not reload the correct GPU drivers.

wow HP URL links are illegal on HP.com wow, now that is magic.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24-xa0020 is the model of my pc . and as i said my lcd panel is broken so i had to use an external monitor for using and  i updated it to the latest driver for vega 8. after that it stopped  connecting to my external monitor.
HP Recommended

@Sadnan 

Your machine has 2 HDMI ports

You have to connect external monitor to HDMI out port which is port #4. Because it is not a default monitor therefore you have to force it out using Ctrl+P.

This may vary from one machine to other there Ctrl+P may not work, please try Fn + F3 or F4 or F5 or F7 or F8 or F9 or F10

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.