Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We saw in a prior thread several solutions for using third party software - at added expense  and resources - to enable zoom adjustment on the HP built-in webcam.  This is crazy, because none address the actual problem.  The reason I want to adjust the zoom on the webcam is to control my green screen virtual background IN ZOOM.  I can't use a secondary  camera app when I want to select the HP webcam in Zoom to use with Zoom's proprietary virtual background features.    

Again - just crazy that we can't adjust the zoom of the webcam with an HP or a Windows app,  This is a high-end device on a high-end computer which should certainly have this basic functionality.  I have never seen any other laptop which could not do this.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@Anne-0, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Greetings! 

  

This message is from the HP Support team, 

  

Just needed to know if all your queries were resolved? 

  

If not, I could help you get there. 

  

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

  

Have a great day ahead! 

HP Recommended

Once again, the word is ridiculous.  I see the exact same question on Jan 12.  Why waste our time with a useless reply when you have no understanding of the question and took no effort to read it.  You should be taking our inquiries as product feedback and working on solutions.   

As it stands, many users bought high-end HP laptops thinking there was a proprietary camera app at least as good as versions in 2010.  Instead you've dropped it for the inferior Windows Camera.  We need to disable the HP webcam and buy a clunky third-party add-on camera with a decent, required functionality.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.