Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop TP01-155t US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The only thing I did was put on a new VGA cable. The computer is two days old. I'm new to Windows 10. All I did when the computer was off is put on a new VGA cable. I did go into Display Settings. The text size is set at 100% and display resolution is 1024 x 768.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TomLatta Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that when you start the computer screen is looks magnified.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Let us perform a Microsoft System Restore to roll back the laptop to an earlier date when everything worked fine. This will not delete your data.

Post a successful Microsoft System Restore you may test the performance. If the videos still zoom in then please continue with the following steps:

• Go to Control panel - Power options
  • Now click on the "Change plan settings" next to the selected power plan.
  • Click on "Change advanced power settings".
  • Now, expand the "Graphics settings". 
  • Make sure the "Maximum performance" is selected on both batteries & plugged in options.
  • Scroll down and expand the "Multimedia settings" and select "Maximum performance" for both battery and plugged in options for video playback.
  • Apply the settings, restart your notebook and then check the performance.
  • I would also recommend you to check the other settings under the advanced power options settings if the issue still persists.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.