Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Touch Smart 300
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I am looking to recycle my HP Touchsmart 300 and need to wipe the hard drive and return the OS to factory settings.  I can't find anywhere on the internet how to do this.

Patrick

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

There are many different models in the HP TouchSmart 300 line.  General advise on the question - Check to verify that the restore disks are in your possession.  If you did not make them before you can make them in Recovery Manager.  Start HP Recovery Manager,  and make the Recovery Disk set.  If have them, then make sure that any data that needs to be saved has been saved.

Do not wipe drive until this has been resolved.

Dban is widely used to wipe hard drives to remove any sensitive information.  It is free

https://dban.org/

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.