Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - 795-0010na
Unknown

I want to connect x 2 HP FW27 monitors to my PC, I believe I have x 4 Display Ports connections on the back of the PC and x 1 HDMI.  Am I best to connect the 2 monitors with HDMI to Display Port cables or connect x 1 monitor with a normal HDMI cable and the other with a HDMI to Display Port Cable?  The 2 monitors have x 2 HDMI connectors on each.  The reason I ask the question is I have heard various things about connecting 2 monitors to 1 PC using the same time of connector on the PC can cause issues so best is to use x 1 HDMI and x 1 Display Port as an example?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jack_Russell 

Your machine has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3 GB) installed. Its specs

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c06144644

Therefore  all ports for Intel UHD Graphics 630 are disabled. Your machine now only has ports from the GTX 1050 which are Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + 3 DisplayPort ports

The specs also says: it supports up to four displays at the same time. Your monitors have following ports

1 VGA
2 HDMI (with HDCP support)

Therefore the best option is to connect

(a) the first one using HDMI port on computer

(b) and using DP to HDMI cable to connect the second monitor.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.