Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z27s monitor

I've tried using my Z27s 4K monitor on my Z620 with three different graphics cards (nVidia GTX 680, nVidia GTX 980 Ti, and Radeon 6870) under Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro as well as with a Mac Pro and several versions of OS X (same graphics cards) but I have not been able to get a 60 Hz refresh rate at full 4K resolution.

I haven't been able to try all connection combinations on all cards since they don't all have the same ports (or some ports weren't functional on the Mac Pro).

Right now I have the display connected to the Z620 with the GTX 980 Ti using a DVI to HDMI cable. Its running 4K at 30 Hz which I believe is the maximum possible with that cable.

But I should be able to get to 60 Hz with a Displayport cable. I've tried that (I think the cable I used came with the monitor) but I can't get above 30 Hz at 4K. Before I go buying another Displayport cable, is there any other reason that could be preventing me from getting to 60 Hz?

I don't want to find out that this monitor doesn't support that!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you install the latest driver?  Device manager should indicate your Display model and driver level.

The NVIDIA GTX 980 T1 is more than capable of going past 60 HZ.  I am running 144 hz using a native displayport cable. However, my resolution is only 2560 by 1440.

Look under Display Adapter Properties  ----> List All Modes  --> do you see a vaild 4K mode @ 60 Hz? Is it set?

Only cable up one device to the monitor and if multiple were connected then power cycle the monitor when it's connected only to the PC.

Most monitors have a menu to look over the resolution and refresh rate.  Check the set refresh rate.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Of course you can't past 60 Hz at 4K with that monitor since the monitor supports 60 Hz at 4K. Have you checked it's specifications before?

There you go:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-z27s-27-inch-ips-uhd-display-%28energy-star%29

HP Recommended
I never said past 60 Hz. I said TO 60 Hz. I ended up swapping DisplayPort cables and it worked. No idea why the original cable did not work.
HP Recommended

Aah, sorry. My bad then. Because I was searching "past 60 Hz" and found this topic. I should read more carefully then.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.