Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZR30W

Does anyone know an email to a real human being in technical support I could ask about how much will the repair cost if it's even possible there is absolutely no way to go through their wall of endless sub-pages redirecting you to nowhere.

I would just like to ask about the repair if possible and how much and where.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

is this a warranty question this  real human 1 to 1 question?

you do not have  PC repair shop in your town,  millions all over the world there are,

no location stated, so how can any person guess that, with phones and all that. stuff.

ZR30w flicking when, not told.  but gray lines smacks of bad LCD, the monitor can be 9 years old.

1. ZR30w is just a monitor so test it on 2nd good PC, fails  is fails.
  2. power it on even alone does the OSD menu;s look bad if yes , the ZR30 is toast. (bad LCD inside or related parts)

it is a bad monitor, a new one is less than a shop does ECON101 play in to this big job?

see no barge of bull just 1 or 2 test above and BINGO.  no need to make any monitor test hard, ever. see?

some fancy monitors have OSD menu( all do ) but has test pattern of cooler there in OSD, no PC needed at ALL.

wow $1300 new, well things change , way less now, get at VIEWSONIC monitor.  never seen one fail. me. (or mighty Samsung)

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

- on their confusing website I couldn't find any repair centers around not even in a country.

- It's flickering when it feels like it, sometimes it doesn't for weeks and then it flickers every day for long time

- on DVI it flickers grey horizontal lines on DP it makes this green glitchy effect with sort of pixelated mosaic patterns allover the screen

- there is no OSD, it was not included at the time because of latency, these was long ago so I didn't care for OSD as long as lag was lower

That's the thing I don't want to buy anything as yet. I want to wait for when I move and then get a proper decent 4k TV instead of a monitor, for the time being I just need to keep it running until then. There's no way I'm gonna figure it out and fix it myself I can't even open it without breaking all the hooks holding it together as I don't know where they are.

If repair cost is reasonable then I would do it, but I just can't find a Human Being on the other end of the cable to ask the question. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.