08-14-2016 05:37 PM
I am trying to ad a 2nd monitor(samsung is what i bought) I used a hdmi adapter to usb to connect monitor to envy 23. Video works but no audio. I bought a simple audio cable but no audio. Any suggestions?
08-17-2016 11:06 AM
Hi there @rick1123,
I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one! I understand that you are getting no audio when you connect a second display using HDMI. I am happy to help with this.
Please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information. HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?
Please clarify whether you are trying to get audio out of the second display, or is it that there is no audio from the computer itself when you connect the second display.
Please let me know when you can.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8)