Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

is gtx graphic card compatible with my HP Z420 workstation ?

and i usen't Quadro K2000 only GTX ,

please i need answer

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Based on the following specs, no where for you to put a video card:

HP Z420 Workstation - Specifications

BUT based on the following list, you can put 2 video cards on some:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/14261_na/14261_na.pdf

There are many GTX cards, which one are you looking for ?

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

i want to use one graphic card ( gtx 770 or 780 ) is it compatible ?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you read the pdf file ? Your machine can have 600W PSU or 400W PSU. The GTX 770 requires 600W PSU to run:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-770/specifications

Now you have to work out the PSU on your machine (600W or 400W) and work this out: do you need a new PSU or not.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

sorry i havn't any experience in the hardware i am architect for that please give me

a short answer ?

and sorry for my bad english

HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't give an answer when I don't know your machine. This series has many different models/products and this is not a simple answer yes and no for GTX 770 or GXT 780.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

ah thx and i am really sorry when i have the machine i will ask you again .

thx a lot your very helpfull

HP Recommended

Hello-

As a follow-up-

I have an HP Z420 with 600w power supply; I would like to know if this card will be compatible:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 08G-P4-5173-KR, 8GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC)

Thank  you-

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.