Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Z1 All-inOne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am struggling to understand if I can replace the backlight of my screen for HP workstation Z1 All-in-One, there is a dimmer part of the left side and would like to replace the backlight without changing the screen, but if I can't understand how to do that, I am considering the replacement of the entire screen. I do not find any free resource to help me to understand the best and cheap way to go ahead, I would like to know if I can find a guide to replace the backlight and/or if some screens are compatible with the original I have serial LM270WQ1 SDBD, like LM270WQ1 SDE3 - LM270WQ1 SDA2, can anyone help me?

I am attaching a picture of the faulty backlight maybe it is easier than I am thinking

dimmer screen.jpg

Many Thank you in advance for any support you can have

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just went throught several other forums, and found the possible solution. It seems a manufacturing poor solder on a 6 pin connector, which could be solved with the backlight inverter board or soldering better the connector. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.